How to add a functional annotation to a tomato or potato gene?
Tutorial for functional annotation using AFAWE
- Search the gene, for which you like to add a functional annotation, in TomDB (link to TomDB).
- In the Element Report (e.g. link to Element Report) you can see the row "Manual Annotation".
- Next to available manual annotations you can see a link "Add your own manual annotation"
- Click this link and AFAWE will be opened in a new window.
- Check the prediction results from all available analyses and login into AFAWE by using the button "Login & Registration" at the down left side. If you don't have a login yet, please register.
- You will see a new link at the left side "Add manual annotation". Click it.
- Add all functional information, which you like to annotate. How to do it can be found on this page: How to do a manual annotation in AFAWE?
- If you have included all functional information, close AFAWE and update the Element Report page. You will see your added functional annotation at "Manual annotation".