Tomato and potato recipes.
A selection of recipes, reflecting the use of these vegetables in many different cuisines. Each recipe suggests a recommended variety whose particular qualities match the recipe in question.
Bonfire baked potato
You want a large floury baked potato for this in my opinion, King Edward would be ideal
- However many potatoes you fancy
- Black pepper
- Wrap your potatoes in a couple of sheets of thick foil.
- Bury your securely wrapped potato in the embers of the fire using a stick or tongs.
- Depending on the heat of your fire and the size of the potato leave it for around 45 minutes.
- Pull it out of the fire using tongs, being very careful not to burn yourself.
- Now test it is done by poking a kife through the potato. If it is still hard pop it back amongst the embers for a while longer.
- When the middle of the potato feels soft unwrap it, cut open and eat with butter and freshly cracked black pepper. Some cheese would also make a good addition.