Tomato and potato recipes.
A selection of recipes, reflecting the use of these vegetables in many different cuisines. Each recipe suggests a recommended variety whose particular qualities match the recipe in question.
Ingredients (for 1)
This recipe requires tomato juice. Tomato juice is normally made from plum tomatoes as they contain a high proportion of solids.
- 3 fl oz tomato juice
- 1 fl oz vodka
- Tabasco sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- stick of celery
- Measure out 1 fl oz (a shot) of vodka and 3 fl oz of tomato juice in a cocktail shaker full of ice cubes, shake and strain into a glass. If you don't have a cocktail shaker chill the tomato juice and vodka well before pouring.
- Now to season:
- A small pinch of salt (celery salt if you have it)
- A good grinding of pepper
- A few drops of Tabasco sauce
- A good dash of Worcestershire sauce
- A squeeze of lemon
- A stick of celery to garnish
- Stir, taste and adjust the seasoning to your liking.
To make a non alcoholic version (Virgin Mary) just leave out the vodka